Tuesday, November 23, 2010

RP Risk Neutral

"If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;"

                                         

Rudyard Kipling

 

cannot do that.

 

I am unusually rational and by that I mean that I tend not to make decisions on the basis of my feelings. I try to be risk neutral which is not always easy and even so, I know I cannot do that: risk everything and bear the loss in silence.

 

Life is about risking loss. We love despite the risk. We marry and have children despite the risks. We may be blind to the risks; we still take them.

 

I cannot do that, but I do consider it an ideal to strive for.

Zemanta helped me add links & pictures to this email. It can do it for you too.

No comments: